Extreme Duty Constant Temperature Bath Designed for Safe & Reliable Heating up to 300°C
Created and driven by R&D, the XE-LAB fills the gap between research and development and production ready processes for Patterned Sapphire Substrates (PSS).
Designed for plug & play operation and safety the XE-LAB gives you the same high temperature sapphire etch advantage as the larger XE-Series process tank, without the need for a fully automated wet station.
With an automated lid and end effector to lower substrates in to the tank, the operator has the ability to safely operate the unit from a distance. The control module which is included with the system, can handle all the operator inputs from a remote location. Controlling lowering speed, lid speed, and temperature control all from one easy to use module.
Included in the package:
Sapphire Etching (Al2O3) & Beyond
The Accubath Xe was designed with Sapphire etching in mind but we know there are other processes that will benefit from the increased chemical reactivity that higher temperatures provide. Processes that were previously thought to be too slow due to temperature limitations may now be practical.
Designed to Take the Heat
The liquid in the Accubath Xe tank comes in contact with nothing but high purity quartz. No Teflon connections, sensors, or any other parts are used in the process area. Even the built in condensing coils and automated lid are quartz. For reliability, a special version of Imtec's patented Aquaseal was developed to prevent a failure of the critical seal material that isolates the heater components from the environment.
Even the housing is special, utilizing Halar for its superior temperature and chemical compatibility as well as special construction techniques to isolate the heat inside.
Auxiliary Modules Make it Complete
No drain valve works at these temperatures so a quartz aspirator was designed and built in Imtec’s quartz fabrication facility to remove the chemistry without having to wait for it to cool.
The aspirator drains the tank to a cool-down module below the tank. The cool down module has quartz cooling coils to assist in lowering the chemistry temperature quickly.
Also available is the quartz secondary containment module that can hold the entire contents of the tank in the case of a tank breach.
The modules working together create a system that addresses all the challenges of working with extreme temperature chemistries allowing you the freedom to experiment with processes previously not possible.
Once developed, you can be assured that The Accubath Xe series bath will allow a safe and reliable means of running your process in production.
1. Inverted Quartz Autolid keeps condensate inside the tank
2. Quartz Cooling Coils minimize the vapor cloud near the lid
3. Patented Aquaseal lowers flange temperature and protects critical quartz to plastic sealant
4. Quartz air operated Aspirator effectively drains the process chamber even at max operating temperature
5. Quartz RTD wells protect the temp sensor and allow accurate temperature readings
6. Quartz Cool Down Box contains drained hot chemistry until it is safe for house facilities
7. Hydraulically Actuated Cylinder for smooth control of lid operation
8. Super high-density Aluminum Silicate Insulation keeps the heat in
9. Quartz inner chamber with heavy gauge Inconel Heating element
10. Quartz Locator Plate designed to hold your specified carrier
11. Halar Housing for superior temperature and chemical compatibility
12. Quartz Secondary Containment Tank holds hot liquid in case of tank breach.
|Tank Material:||Virgin Annealed Quartz, Firepolished|
|Housing Material, Standard:||Halar (ECTFE)|
|Over-Temperature Sensor 1:||Two RTD Probes|
|Over-Temperature Sensor 2:||(Cool Down Tank) One RTD Probe|
|Heater Elements:||High Watt Density Inconel Foil|
|Insulation:||High Density Aluminum Silicate|
|Maximum Operating Temperature:||300°C|
|Operating voltage:||Model Dependent|
|Limited Warranty:||One Year|